Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"things you see in a graveyard, in a graveyard, in a graaaaaaaveyard"

Randomness for today....

Speaking of graveyards, which I really only bring up because it's a topic that is introduced further down in this bloggyblogaroo, when we were younger, we had what I assume one could only describe as the infantile beginnings of a "Band." It was me (guitar, kinda), Theez (on bass), Rev (percussion), and Harry (guitar). We had one song, which I wrote, called "in a cemetery" and we met one time to try and record it and bang out all the details (an event that will live on in infamy as "croftonpalooza I"). Needless to say, the song went on to become a top 40 hit and all four of us are currently wealthy beyond belief.

more randomly, thanks to Perfect Dark, I'm becoming an even bigger fan of aliens (the beings, not the movie) then I was before.

In addition, I like to eat, eat, eat, eat; apples and bananas. I like to ote, ote, ote, ote; ohples and bononos.

We watched Repo: The Genetic Opera. It was amazing. I can't stop listening to the "Things You See in A Graveyard" and the "Zydrate" songs. What a groooovy movie.

Jon, the UPS guy who, most importantly, delivers payroll every Tuesday, is a quick-witted son-of-a-bitch. I really wanted to use more commas in that sentence.

I almost ALMOST got picked to sit on a jury for a murder trial. Well, that could be a lie. I made it past the vior dire and thru to the actual selection, where the defense and the prosecution stand you up individually and vote yea or nay on whether to include you. Which, in its own right, is king of depressing.....

You get up there, after three rounds of cuts, and, at least in my case, (more commas!!!) SIX HOURS of bullshit, and your standing there and "Madam Clerk," as the judge so politely identified her, asks the counsel members and they sort of eye you up and down and then their like, "uuuhhhhh... defense excuses this juror." And your like, "ASSHOLE".

Anyway, I almost made it to that point. My number was 538 and they got to 460-ish before they had selected their jury and their alternates.


bleeep, bleeeppp, buzzz, buzz, buzzzzzzz....................

1 comment:

nicole said...

In a little glass vial... a little glass vial?... A little glass vial...