Tuesday, March 16, 2010

storytellers and fires in the rain....

Some people are fantastic storytellers through song. With a relatively smallish collection of what would normally just be random words or sentences, they can paint the greatest pictures. Mr. Stephen Morrissey is certainly, CERTAINLY one of those. A friend and I were just talking the other day about the track Everyday Feels Like Sunday off of the Viva Hate (appropriate title) album. What an excellent example. I am, by no means, a music critic, but every part of this song, from the slow banging drum intro, to the plodding but perfect (as always) vocals that sort of rise into the chorus, good stuff. Anyway, for those of you, my devoted followers (I kid, of course) who aren't familiar with this song, give 'er a listen-eee-loo, and see what kind of picture it paints for you.

secondly for today - people are stupid creatures. This extends beyond the ones that I know and includes the entire race.

thirdly, I'm getting enthralled once again in the "major" "story" that I've been "working" on for months now. I'm starting to find inspiration in so many things again. This is usually when I can tell that I am on the verge of a creative orgasm, as it were. And we all love them....

Oddly enough, I think water really helps. I find myself contemplating idea after idea when I'm either wandering around in, jogging in, extinguishing flames from myself, (or what have you), in the rain. Also the shower. That's right, the shower and the rain; two places where I can't bring my laptop to quickly right the brilliant ideas that are currently rattling around in my little brain.

fourthly, i really want some tater-tots and mac and cheese. RIGHT NOW.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm curious as to what that actually sounds like