Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grammar, coffee, pedophiles, and word-vomit...

Thanks to my friend Amy, I've got the BGE "wires down, RED ALERT!" song from the extraordinarily gay commercial stuck in my head. What was BGE thinking about? "ok, lets have a look at our employee files and select either the creepiest guy, the one who still lives in his Mom's basement and is a world champion Warcraft player, logging 15 hours average per day, or the guy with the most child-sexual-assault convictions on his record. Once we've identified our man, lets hire the worst jingle team that we can possibly find, maybe the folks from Empire Flooring? or maybe the team that put together the 877-481-LUNA spot?, or the guys from Bill's Carpet Warehouse. Find em, get em into the studio with our pedophile-warcraft-hero-basement-dweller and we'll surely have a hit!" And what happened when these two titans met? What wriggled it's way past the collective sphincter of these guys? Our lovely "Wire Down" tv spot.

Anyway, it's snowing again, again. The weather guys are saying snow until about midnight. Which means we will be buried once again. Who knows for how long. I think I saw somewhere that with the current snowfall, we've reached an all-time record here in our lovely Gotham.

Lastly for today, we make our coffee with a French Press, which I really like. My favorite thing about it is the ease with which (with which? is that proper? I need to find my copy of Elements of Style. To all the editors or grammar snobs out there, if your collective heads (is it proper to have parenthesis inside of parenthesis? how does that work? again - Elements of Style. Anyway, I started this second digression to say that I have been lucky enough to use the word "collective" twice in a matter of a few paragraphs. But, anyway, back to the first digression...) has not exploded out of growing frustration with my inconsistent "mastery" of our language, I sincerely apologize). Back to the point. The French Press. The ease with which (oh god, here we go again...). Let's go with in with. The ease in which (whatever, I don't even care anymore). I like it because I can make the coffee so strong that it tastes almost like chocolate. That was alot of word-vomit for almost nothing, right? Well, welcome The Faraway Hello, where we are all about word vomit!

(does the period live inside or outside of the parenthesis.). I put it in both places until I am corrected!

Enjoy the weather.

No comments: