Tuesday, February 2, 2010

missing whippits and a leather shark...

the Breeders have a song on the Title TK album - which is great album, by the by - that ends with a line about joys of whippits. Speaking of, we watched an episode of intervention last night all about huffing and the inherent dangers of said practice. this got me feeling nostalgic - reminded me of my ice cream factory days and the endless canisters of whippits that we would run thru every night. goodbye brain cells, hello one-and-a-half-minutes of extraordinary intense buzz fun!

Also, and completely random and unrelated, I like to try to wrap my head around certain all-encompassing feelings that a person might be experiencing in a given situation. I find it helps with character development. Here's today's ...

what would it feel like, psychologically, physically, emotionally, etc. to be, say, in the middle of the ocean, having just survived a boat sinking and to be stuck there - alone, treading water in the dark - only to feel something big and (what I imagine must feel like) leathery dart past you, maybe brush your leg. If you knew it was a shark - or really any undersea monster, but for arguments sake, let's just say it's a shark. Could you imagine the fear? To think that your life is now in the hands (or teeth) of a creature who sees nothing more than (or then?? one's for comparison and one is time-related, I always screw them up) it's next meal. Complete and utter helplessness I would imagine. What would you do? What COULD you do? I guess just float around and wait....

anyway, I'm off in search of pressurized whip cream!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

huffing is really bad for you! especially gasoline!! whip it good!

nicole said...

im reminding you about glenfetter...